Re: [Gnash-dev] Libmedia Redesign

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Libmedia Redesign
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:38:00 -0700

On 11/22/10 12:28, strk wrote:

>> I'm new to the project, working with 3 other University of Colorado students
>> as something-like interns; I'm trying to fix up the webcam/microphone input
>> functionality, but I'm not sure where to start; I also know that some of you

  Just so other people know, we have 4 seniors from the University of
Colorado who chose working on Gnash as their Sr project. We tried to
pick appropriately sized tasks. A brief writeup of the project plans is
up at: http://wiki.gnashdev.org/CU_Sr_Project.

> So, to recap, how to deal with microphone and camera (inputs) is to
> be designed. For a start, should core _pull_ data from mic/cam or
> should hosting application _push_ data in ? As much as we'd all love
> things to be predictable a _push_ model would to be preferred to me.
> But I'm happy to hear others opinions.

  This task to fix the Audio and Video input classes, preferably to work
with both ffmpeg and gstreamer. As I seemed to remember bwy mentioning
suggestions in the past about these classes, it seemed a good place to
start fixing these classes was to get opinions from other developers. My
only goal is to have these classes actually work.