Re: [Gnash-dev] Who is most active developing Gnash (commit stats)

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Who is most active developing Gnash (commit stats)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:12:42 -0700

On 11/25/10 05:24, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I was a but curious how many people are involved in the Gnash
> development these days, so I ran some statistic on the commits done
> the last year in the git repository.

  Everytime somebody does one of these things I always have to point out
there is more to a project than the number of commits... Plus some
people commit big patches occasionally, and others commit small patches
frequently, so it's not really an accurate stat. Many important tasks
don't show up as commits either. I add tasks like maintaining buildbot
(again), writing documentation on the wiki, end user tech support,
building packages, doing testing, etc...

  So while there are primarily 3 of us actually committing code to Gnash
on a regular basis, I do want to thank the people doing all the other
tasks.  :-) Without *everyone*, we'd be making less progress. So thanks
to those submitting bug reports, adding documentation, running the
testsuite, identifying problems, beating packaging politics into shape...