[Gnash-dev] Dictatorship again ? (was: revno.h)

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Dictatorship again ? (was: revno.h)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 23:50:37 +0100

For some obscure reason, rob reverted this change
I've made (that took me a long time) w/out explaining
what was wrong with it, except

 "it was better before"

It's over my head. Once again.

Last time this happened we almost forked.
Came out of that with help of others that care about
the project and arrived at a set of rules for everyone
to follow:

 http://wiki.gnashdev.org/CommitRules

Rule number 3 is:
 - commits shall not be reverted except as a last resort.

the Notes section says:
 A last resort means that a commit that breaks the other rules is not
 fixed or reverted by the committer in a reasonable time.
 Code reversion not done by the original committer should generally
 only be done by the maintainer after being proposed on the mailing list.

Did anyone read anything in thi mailing list about what was wrong
with my commit except from pere's observation ?

Of course I'm pretty much pissed off ...

--strk;