Re: [Gnash-dev] Dictatorship again ?

From: Dossy Shiobara
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Dictatorship again ?
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:57:22 -0500

What would be the harm in a "fork" now that Gnash is using a sane DVCS,
finally?  strk, put your Gnash in github, publicize its location and let
folks who prefer your changes to pull from you.  Savannah might hold the
"canonical" git repo for Gnash, belonging to Rob, and Rob's free to pull
changes he desires from your repo or anyone else's Gnash repo ... and
you are free to pull changes from other Gnash repos into yours, as you
see fit.

Overall, this will produce a better quality Gnash all around, give
people the freedom of choice as to what software they run, reward the
people who curate a better version of Gnash than the others, and
completely sidestep any dictatorships from even being possible.

--
Dossy Shiobara              | address@hidden | http://dossy.org/