Re: [Gnash-dev] Dictatorship again ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Dictatorship again ?
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:24:30 -0700

On 12/09/10 11:57, Dossy Shiobara wrote:

> Overall, this will produce a better quality Gnash all around, give
> people the freedom of choice as to what software they run, reward the

  All this will do is to split the effort, and make lots of busy work
for everyone. We have limited enough time and resources now as it is.
Personally, this whole issue is way blown out of proportion. We're only
talking about 20 lines of code... Every time strk and I disagree he
calls me a dictator... :-) When a project has a difference of opinion on
a technical issue like this, somebody has to decide, and that's the
maintainer. Besides, I wrote most of our config/build/packaging code as
it is, so feel I understand it better than anyone else. When you only
work on one or two platforms, you can't test changes like this adequately.

  Besides, I'm the one who should be upset, I lost two days fixing this
mess, when I should have been doing something else. The email lists
being down hasn't helped, but there was zero discussion on these changes
till after the fact. I just find it funny that if others break builds
it's ok, and if I do it it's a horrible crime ? Now it's fixed, let's
just go forward and not beat this to death again...