Re: [Gnash-dev] Definition of "blocker" bug severity

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Definition of "blocker" bug severity
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 09:10:59 -0700

On 12/20/10 08:58, strk wrote:

  Here's the definitions I use, which is what we all should.

> "Blocker" I've used mostly to mean "release blocker",
> that is something you should fix before next release.

  A blocker is something that breaks builds, and must be fixed
immediately, or nobody can get any work done. Sort of like the several
recent commits strk made that broke compiling... If all bugs are a
blocker, then it looses meaning as something that *must* be looked into
immediately... This is the problem you are creating.

  As the person that actually does the release (which you rarely bother
to help with), I think that the definitions are more important to me
than anyone else.

> "Important" is something people will be likely to complain
> a lot about (say support for latest YouTube change).

  Important means it needs to be looked into, but doesn't block any
other developers from compiling Gnash. So to me, all your Blockers are
merely Important, or even just Normal.