Re: [Gnash-dev] Code Freeze Feb 1 - Release Announcement (First Draft)

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Code Freeze Feb 1 - Release Announcement (First Draft)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 10:21:48 -0700

On 01/28/11 12:03, diptorup wrote:

> I would like to help write the release announcement. I took the liberty
> to write a first draft, incorporating points from the NEWS file, wiki,
> mailing list and developer blogs. Would appreciate feedback, so that I
> can make changes as needed.

  Wow, thanks for doing this research. This might be a touch long,
course maybe that's a good idea, my announcements are pretty boring...
Some of the tasks the interns were planning on got dropped, so now the
focus is primarily on getting a win32 (and hopefully osx) plugin to work
as an easily installable package. I'll get back to you as the release
process goes along as I think of any other changes.

> Another community driven effort, to start a pledge drive to raise funds
> for AVM2 support for Gnash, also proved successful. The amount raised
> would enable the project to do initial exploratory work on AVM2
> integration for Gnash.

  Still looking for a developer that wants to do this for the money that
was raised... Deliverable criteria for this task would be up to me, but
should be reasonably well documented in old emails to this list. My
assumption is it'll take several weeks full-time to do this research
with enough attention to the little details.