Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.9 - time for next RC

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.9 - time for next RC
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:31:48 -0600

On 03/15/11 11:27, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> You can't take slices of trees with git, so no way w/out getting the
> whole swfdec. There's no much history in there to save, nor much sources

  Actually that part was was, as git has a filter-branch command. So I
managed to trim swfdec way down to just the tests.

> Note that we're talking about ~ 50Mb of tests vs. ~ 10Mb of all our testsuite/

  Currently the fetch-swfdec target grabs all of swfdec, not just the
tests. The swfdec tests also include a several year old snapshot of the
Gnash testsuite as well. Dropping that as well brings the size way down.

  The bigger problem was git only wants to import it with the revision
history into the top level, and it also expects the file names to all
match. So I haven't yet seen a way to import into a subdirectory.
(testsuite/swfdec/src)