Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 17:06:16 +0100 (CET)

I can't agree with that entirely. For example, OSX users may try to use
the Aqua GUI because it is available, only to discover it is so broken
it would require a huge effort to fix up, and such a user may ultimately
be discouraged from trying Gnash entirely. It would have been more
productive in that case to simply try the GTK or QT GUIs which have
native OSX ports.

Still, perhaps removal entirely is not necessary, if we can have some
sort of warning output by configure then OSX users could be informed
ahead of frustration. :)

Bastiaan