[Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:35:42 -0600

Now that the release is out, I plan to migrate my 'openvg' branch to
master. While I'd like to migrate this in stages, it may be difficult.
If anyone has concerns about this code, they should review the branch
*now*, and not start another endless flame war after this is merged. As
I won't be committing this right away, there is a window for comments
and changes before this lands. I'm willing to not rush this, so I'm
assuming I'll do this over several weeks.

Note that this code is not enabled by default, so shouldn't cause anyone
trouble. There are a few features that I still need to implement, like
video support. Long-living branches are a headache, so I'm ready to get
this into master for the final phase of development and debug. There are
multiple people waiting for this work, so it's time...

This work is important to moving Gnash forward, which is something we
should all focus on. Adding OpenVG support greatly improves the
performance of Gnash on both the desktop (with the soon to be released
(Fedora 15 and Ubuntu 11.04) and embedded & mobile devices. iPhone,
iPad, and Android all support OpenVG as well, so this will enable those
platforms to have flash support that respects ones privacy. This also
greatly improves the framebuffer, input device, and touchscreen support.

Remember we agreed to this: http://wiki.gnashdev.org/CommitRules. Let's
try to work together on moving Gnash forward in a cooperative manner.
It'd be nice if we could work on this together, rather than nit-picking
it to death.