Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:20:55 +0100 (CET)

GtkOvgGlue does not presently work, I think because the following
requirement from the EGL specification is not met:

  To create an on-screen rendering surface, first create a native platform
  window with attributes corresponding to the desired EGLConfig (e.g. with the
  same color depth, with other constraints specific to the platform).

Presently, the EGL device handler just picks an arbitrary EGLConfig from
those which are compatible with the Display, but this EGLConfig may be
incompatible with the Window.

You could go and detect the window properties and then create an
EGLConfig, but I think it would be easier to create a pixmap and then
call eglChooseConfig with EGL_MATCH_NATIVE_PIXMAP and the pixmap, which
would be easier and less error-prone. It would also take care of our
double-buffering needs. All the GtkOvgGlue would have to do is to copy
over the contents of the pixmap to the drawing area.

Bastiaan