[Gnash-dev] Large-scale Makefile.am cleanup

From: Andrew Guertin
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Large-scale Makefile.am cleanup
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 06:10:38 -0400

Over the past few days I've been doing some work on cleaning up gnash's Makefile.ams. The end goal that I'd like to reach is to transition to non-recursive automake.

There's a lot of cleanup that needs to happen before that, though. The current Makefile.ams aren't clean enough to simply copy and paste the dependency lists into a non-recursive system.

The major cleanups to do in advance are, from what I've looked at so far, are listing header files in _SOURCES variables, making coding style consistent, and determining what headers and libraries actually need to be installed.

I've attached a preview of the work I've done so far. This work is not ready for checkin: it's only been tested on my one machine but it touches build process used by operating systems and features I don't use. Also, it would create inconsistent style between directories.

I'm interested in review, to know what people think of the major themes of the cleanup, comments on individual changes, and reports of whether I've broken things on systems I can't test.

So what do people think?

--Andrew

--
dolphinling