Re: [Gnash-dev] Advances from GameSWF

From: Pete Hobson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Advances from GameSWF
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:25:43 +0100

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:

 Nope, sorry. There have been so many changes to Gnash since I forked
it from GanmeSWF it would be difficult. For one thing, GameSWF only
supported OpenGL as a renderer, Gnash supports several. GameSWF was ok
for SWF files that were custom created for it (games usually), but was
pretty poor at the generic SWF files found on the internet. Making Gnash
a browser plugin opened up a huge amount of compatibility work, still
ongoing many years later.

Ok thanks thats pretty clear.  Im actually  using gameSWF for UI's in games (as in its original purpose) on mobiles.  Your correct that in its current form gameSWF works well for that as i can control the input SWF's.  I was really just interested in seeing if there was any good way for me to contribute back to gameSWF from your improved codebase, but I can see the licenses would make that tricky.

Thanks for your time!