Re: [Gnash-dev] Completed PO file - British English

From: Chris Leonard
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Completed PO file - British English
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:38:12 -0400

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Sandro Santilli <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 01:27:51AM -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:
> Courtesy of the Sugar Labs Translation team.

Chris, it would be much simpler to put all the .po files in a single
package downloadable somewhere.

Impressive work, btw. Thanks !

The credit goes to the L10n community at Sugar Labs, I'm just acting as their intermediary in this case.  For instance, the Danish L10n (a new language for Gnash) was the effort of a single incredible localizer.

By sending to the list, I was just trying to follow what I understood to be the preferred Gnash process for PO submission.  All of the Gnash PO files are hosted on our Pootle instance and as a general rule, anyone can download the files, but there is not a single link for all Gnash PO files together, you need to go language-by-language.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/upstream_POT/

As sending in the PO files is the equivalent of the "Commit to VCS" function of Pootle, I think it is best performed on an individual basis as such a step should imply that some review and QA was done of the files.  I tried to make sure that the submitted PO files were free the most significant errors.

Note they will show as having a printf error on this string msgid

Date.setMilliseconds was called with more than one argument

because it should really be

Date.set%sMilliseconds was called with more than one argument

and I corrected the msgstr in the PO files.

cjl