Re: [Gnash-dev] Bad URI-scheme

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Bad URI-scheme
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 09:49:27 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 05.01.2012, 08:53 +0100 schrieb David Scravaglieri:
> Thank you Chris,
>
> Yes, I'm using XFCE.
> What I really need is to find what exception is raised (and where) in gnash
> to trigger the call to exo-open.

URIs beginning with "javascript:" are an old Flash hack used to call
javascript functions in the web browser. There's no exception or any
other error in Gnash.

It sounds like a normal Flash getURL call. From what Chris said, I'd
guess it's being directed through the XFCE shell (see urlOpenerFormat in
the gnashrc file, default xdg-open), and XFCE doesn't know how to handle
it.

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!