Re: [Gnash-dev] GSoC project ideas

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GSoC project ideas
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:56:55 -0700

On 01/13/12 00:16, Joshua Beck wrote:

> I'm interested in doing the "make FLVParser a push parser and remove
> internal threading" project, assuming it hasn't been done. What does
> that mean anyways? I assume it means that FLVParser fires off events to
> the main thread as it parses the FLV.

  This would be a good task as well. Basically the difference is a pull
parser grabs a video frame to render, and a push parser render a video
frame when it's available. The pull style requires polling which can
become a performance issue.

> Implement hardware acceleration using OpenVG 1.1
> Implement hardware acceleration using OpenGL ES 2.0

  As the developer that added OpenVG support, I'd love to see somebody
pick this up and add more capabilities to it. I'd also like to see GLES2
support, as that's what most mobile devices are using these days, and
even the desktop is going that way. I have GLES2 stubs in a branch you
could use to start with.