Re: [Gnash-dev] GSoC project ideas

From: Joshua Beck
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GSoC project ideas
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 19:19:42 -0500

On 01/13/2012 10:56 AM, Rob Savoye wrote:
On 01/13/12 00:16, Joshua Beck wrote:
Implement hardware acceleration using OpenVG 1.1
Implement hardware acceleration using OpenGL ES 2.0
   As the developer that added OpenVG support, I'd love to see somebody
pick this up and add more capabilities to it. I'd also like to see GLES2
support, as that's what most mobile devices are using these days, and
even the desktop is going that way. I have GLES2 stubs in a branch you
could use to start with.

        - rob -
Are you willing to mentor this year? I'd like to implement the GLES2 renderer as my project (or at least implement the necessary shaders), so I would like to see the stubs.

Also, I've been looking at the OpenGLES2 Task page on the wiki, and it says that the TestR test case will tell us what shaders we need. Has this been done yet?

Thank you,
Joshua Beck