Re: [Gnash-dev] dump-gnash

From: Hyun-woo Park
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] dump-gnash
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:59:33 +0900

Hi, Wilson.

Welcome to hell of the swf converting world! (joke)

I'm using dump-gnash to pull out all frames with this :  https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?7742
But current gnash does not fully support swf effects (like some layer effects and blend modes)

Use it on your risk :)

On Jun 20, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Mike Wilson wrote:

How hard would it be to get gnash to spit out all of the frames of a swf as PNG's?  I'm having problems getting our swf's transcoded to h.264 using ffmpeg.  It looks as if the embedded swfdec libs can't handle MovieClip assets within the .swf.  Gnash appears to play he videos though and has some export options but I was looking to modify the source such that I could pipe the output of dump-gnash as a png directly into ffmpeg faster than the frame rate.  Is this even possible?

Thanks for any information and thanks for producing such a nice tool in the first place.  Cheers.

Mike Wilson
Predicate Logic
Cell: (310) 600-8777
SkypeID: lycovian