Re: [Gnash-dev] debugging bug #34975 Rollercoaster rush game

From: niraj kulkarni
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] debugging bug #34975 Rollercoaster rush game
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:41:12 +0530

Hi,
      Sorry I had been out of touch on this issue for long time. Would like to continue working on it.

So, if my understanding is correct, a root movie has a movie definition for stage movie and maybe later replaced by another stage.

Also there must be a container to contain all movieclips and sprites occurred during parse of SWF file. So where exactly is this container? Also, what code path triggers play of one of the movieclips?

I am trying from the perspective that there may be a movieclip for actual game to be loaded when intro screen finishes, but it is not being load for some reason. If I can get container and trigger point, I'd try on this possibility.

Regards
Niraj

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Sandro Santilli <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 09:16:16AM +0530, niraj kulkarni wrote:
> Attached the swf file.

Please don't. Use the tracker if possible, or some other web space.
4.5Mb for a single email isn't fun.

> 1. Regarding decompilation, I tried to match code sequences in disassembly
> generated by listswf and  actual code path used  by -va argument. But since
> it was huge data, it is impossible to find out a fault (at least as a
> beginner). Additionally listswf generated a file with some non ascii
> symbols, thus making a bit difficult to correlate with other file. So any
> suggestion for this debug path?

Try flasm to inject debuggin traces into the code.

> 2. Is there any main render call, which will act like a gate to other
> render engines, ie all display call will go through that call before being
> redirected to respective render engine? I think it would be a bit easy to
> backtrack from that call to find out what is happening in swf.

movie_root::advance is the main action execution code.
This bug is most likely related to AS more than rendering.

--strk;