Re: [Gnash-dev] debugging bug #34975 Rollercoaster rush game

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] debugging bug #34975 Rollercoaster rush game
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:44:28 +0200

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:41:12AM +0530, niraj kulkarni wrote:
> Hi,
>       Sorry I had been out of touch on this issue for long time. Would like
> to continue working on it.
>
> So, if my understanding is correct, a root movie has a movie definition for
> stage movie and maybe later replaced by another stage.

Yes, that's the one in level 0, there could be more on more levels
(but level 0 is special).

> Also there must be a container to contain all movieclips and sprites
> occurred during parse of SWF file. So where exactly is this container?

Every live instance of a movie definition is a sprite (MovieClip) and
as such it is _also_ a container.

> Also, what code path triggers play of one of the movieclips?

I told you already, it is ::advance (of each MovieClip and of movie_root
for the very start).

> I am trying from the perspective that there may be a movieclip for actual
> game to be loaded when intro screen finishes, but it is not being load for
> some reason. If I can get container and trigger point, I'd try on this
> possibility.

The actions performing the load would probably be in a DOACTION or INITACTION
or PLACEOBJECT tag of the loader movie. Ming has a nice decompiler, and flasm
lets you inject code in it to figure out what's happening.

Good luck !

--strk;

 Sent from our free software