[Gnash-dev] Can I join your team?

From: Zhai, Menghua
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Can I join your team?
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:37:50 -0400

Gnash Team,

Hi, This is Ted Zhai, I am looking for an opportunity to get involved in your work. To explain my motive, I list these reasons below:

1. Background: I’m a CS graduate student in University of Kentucky, My research interests focus on Machine Learning and Computer Vision. I have years of programming experiences in c/c++ and other languages. I also have a good knowledge about the Linux environment. I did some homework with the Gnash source code, and was convinced that I can handle them.

2. Passion: I’m kinda a super fan of GNU/Linux and enjoying hacking very much. I had created or improved many tools (i.e. dictionary, music player, gambling games) for personal usage and fun, not mention those academic projects I had worked on individually or as a team member. I feel a strong will to make some solid contributions to the open source community rather than money donation and charity shopping.

3. Availability: This is my second graduate study year, though being busy as usual, I still could find many small gaps scattered in my google calendar. I was thinking how to make the best of them: reading? exercising? flirting? no! working with a respectable team is a nicer choice. (Do you have any part-time jobs?)

4. Selfishness: Certainly I can put it on my CV :) Besides, It’ll be quite helpful if I have chance to learn the special skills of nonprofit project management.

However, I am nearly blind in regard to the Adobe Flash stuffs. As a beginner, I need your suggestions about how to start.

Finally, If you approve my membership, I hope to work as an intern for the first period and see whether I can manage it, because I’m worried that I may have overrated my energy and ability.

Thanks,

Ted Zhai