Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load

From: scott092707
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:46:44 -0500 (EST)

...by the way...

I noticed 2 things that might be of interest when running gnash from the terminal:

1) each time gnash is invoked, and AFTER the user clicks on the superimposed play button for the video, 2 new tabs appear in my FireFox browser (in the currently displayed window (I seem to have 11, at the moment!)), with the following text in the address-bar (no content, except for the address-bar):
"_javascript_:setAfvCompanionVars();"  and
"_javascript_:showAfvCompanionAdDiv(false);"
This happens regardless of whether -v was set in the command invocation, and regardless which Media-Handler was used (and therefore whether the video actually played or not).

2) If -v was NOT used, the following was printed to stderr:
"(process:4754): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(process:4762): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed"
[naturally, the process number differed each time...]

This was true regardless which Media-Handler was used.

If the Media-Handler was ffmpeg, then the following line preceded the above 2 lines:
"[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0xb1287800] overread end of atom 'stss' by 160 bytes"
and was printed in gold, as described in the previous message.

FYI.

-Scott