Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash checking with Coverity

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash checking with Coverity
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 16:11:02 +0100

[John Gilmore]
> Pushing the largely unchanged source code through it every week
> sounds like abuse of their nice offer to help free software
> projects.  Our code base seldom changes in a week.

Aha.  I assumed it had changes every week.

> Howabout only pushing it through if the change logs for the last
> week include the keyword "coverity" (e.g. "fix 12 problems
> discovered by coverity scan from last month")?

I'll see what I can do.  It should be fairly easy to see if something
changed last week.  I suspect we want to detect problems in new code,
independent of what the comments look like, and always should check if
something changed.  But perhaps once per two weeks or something like
that is good enough. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen