Re: [Gnash-dev] Catching exceptions in the test suite... (heaps of Cover

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Catching exceptions in the test suite... (heaps of Coverity issues to fix)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:22:01 +0200

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 12:24:19PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Hi.  The majority of Coverity reports in Gnash is in the test suite.
> And most of these are lack of exception handling.  I'm trying to
> decide how to best add exception handling to all the tests, and would
> like to get some feedback.

Not handling exceptions in the testcases is correctly handled by
the test runner, which reports the consequent crash as a failure already.

Injecting other catches only serves the purpose of making Coverity
happy. Is there another way, like marking all reported errors of that
kind under testsuite/ as "expected" ?