Re: [Gnash-dev] Make Version modifiable

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Make Version modifiable
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 22:28:02 +0100

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 02:02:31PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello GNASH Developer,
>
> since there is no new GNASH version since 2012,  I  have  the  question,
> whether this project is death?

Still alive, although the current maintainer has not found the time
to cut a new release since then.

Latest activity can be seen in the git log, there's actually
being a few recent improvements in the plugin, contributed by
Nutchanon Wetchasit. More are still in the queue, waiting for
automated tests (want to help there ?).

> Can you make at least then VERSION configurable?

It is already configurable both at compile time (see plugin.cpp)
and runtime (export GNASH_PLUGIN_DESCRIPTION, set flashVersionString
in gnashrc).