Re: [gNewSense-users] Trying out the live CD

From: Anthony Patarini
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Trying out the live CD
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:56:26 -0900

Yup - Pentium M with Centrino.
Well, you could pick up a fairly cheap (~$30) wireless card that is supported by Free Software drivers. The FSF has a list of cards that work with Free Software at http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/net/wireless/cards.html

I can personally recommend the Asus WL-107G PCMCIA card. I got it off NewEgg for $28, and it's always "Just Worked" with my GNU/Linux systems.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you probably won't be able to use your computer at its full potential with gNewSense any time soon as, like I said, you'll need to use a nonfree binary-only driver to make your Centrino chip work.