[gNewSense-users] ASUS WL-107G PCMCIA card and WPA?

From: J.B. Nicholson-Owens
Subject: [gNewSense-users] ASUS WL-107G PCMCIA card and WPA?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:57:44 -0600

Guy Johnston wrote:
Hi, did you try using WPA by the way?

No, I did not try that. I'll try it when I can get NetworkManager working with multiple network devices (NetworkManager's GNOME notification area icon shows up and shows both my built-in wireless network device and the ASUS card, but it won't activate the ASUS card).

Using the GNOME Network settings panel, there's no way to set WPA; I'm only asked about the ESSID, key type, and WEP key.

I've been looking at the list of
supported wireless cards on the FSF site, and I'm thinking of getting
the ASUS WL-167g USB card, which also uses the RT2500 chipset. I need
WPA-PSK support, which I'm hoping to be able to get working using
NetworkManager (plus the GNOME or KDE frontend), or an even easier method.

If you have any luck with that, let us know. It would be great to update the FSF site as well.

Good luck.