Re: [gNewSense-users] background for BurningDog

From: Andrew Wigglesworth
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] background for BurningDog
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:35:05 +0000

On Friday 16 February 2007 11:49, Karl Goetz wrote:
> Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> > Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> >>
> >> Wow.  I messed that up.  I think I tarred the html into the graphic then
> >> both into another tar.  I really should figure that out...
> >>
> >> Anyway, it's right now, and the layout should degrade better at small
> >> sizes thanks to min-width.
> >>
> >> Matthew Flaschen
> >
> > I think it's too big for the list.  You can get the tar at
> > http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~mflaschen3/gnewsense/start.tar instead.
> >
> > Matthew Flaschen
>
> Correct me if i'm wrong - are you skinning google, or is there something
> else going on?
> kk

Skinning Google seems to be just it; a pointless process for gNewSense as far
as I can see.

Mozilla Corp. made a deal with Google which has ended up with millions being
handed over to said Mozilla Corp via the specially created Google Firefox
search page and the default Google search in the Firefox search bar.

Follow the money, that's why there is a Google Firefox search page; there's no
other reason.

Google is not the only search engine in the world (I don't even use it these
days). It's a commercial operation with no links to gNewSense.

At the moment the default search in the Burning Dog search bar is Google
anyway.  Why does Google need to be promoted any more than this?  If you
really want Google as your default page when Burning Dog opens, then set it
yourself. Simple as that  :-)

Personally, the first thing I always do with a Firefox (Iceweasel/Burning Dog
etc.) installation is to change the page on opening to a blank page.  I mean,
I don't want it faffing about opening some website *every* time I open it.

Having said that, I think that putting in the default page that Karl suggests
is a very good idea.

--
Andrew

The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from
your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html