Re: [gNewSense-users] helping out - trying

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] helping out - trying
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:50:03 +1030

Dean wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> I just wanted to say that I would love to help out a bit more. I have a fair
> amount of free time on my hands. I do not have good coding skills and would
> be embarassed to attempt very much using those limited skills. Otherwise -
> anything pretty much goes. I am not opposed to learning some skills to help
> out but it cannot be something overly complex because I do not have large
> blocks of time to dedicate to learning but I do have some free time here and
> there.
>
> I would like to say that I personally need a bit more direction than "go get
> 'em". Some idea of direction, basic idea of method, and so forth. I have been
> married for half of my life so I am afraid I do not have much initiative left
> in me anymore but I am use to being bossed around a lot! :)

You can help in several other ways if you want. [1] First is
documentation, as the wiki entry needs a bit of work ;). second huge job
is the freedom verification [2]. If you can shell script, perhaps you
could write a gen- script to free a package :)
kk

[1] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/FAQ#WhatHelp
[2] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/FreedomVerification

--