Re: [gNewSense-users] Package freedom status reports.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Package freedom status reports.
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 10:07:57 +0100

Brian,

Thanks for that.  It doesn't explain how you get the package list from the URL, and apply the formatting. In addition, the "edit" mode doesn't tell the new user how Lee populated the "licence" column (by hand or some other clever way that I haven't thought of).

What I'm saying is that only a small portion of the packages that need to be checked, are being checked, and that doesn't include UNIVERSE.  If we want to get new volunteers on-board, we need to make joining as welcome and hassle-free as possible.  The other option would be for the existing Package Freedom Verifiers to take on the non-owned packages, but this could create a lot of work.

IN SUMMARY: I don't think gNS will have a problem getting volunteers, as time goes on, but let's help them out.

Hope this is constructive (it's meant to be).

Cheers,

Chris.

On 03/06/07, Brian Brazil <address@hidden> wrote:
On 6/3/07, Chris Andrew <address@hidden> wrote:
> All,
>
> As Karl kindly pointed out, a URL would have been handy.  The page which
> seems to be well laid out can be found, here.
> Thanks to Karl and Lee.

Just hit 'Edit' - that'll show you the source.

Brian