[gNewSense-users] Problems with GUI

From: Markus Laire
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Problems with GUI
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:18:13 +0300

Hi, I am not sure how to describe this problem so please check the
included screenshots.

First one has some distortion in the buttons. (I have seen this
problem also in Ubuntu 6.06 LTS)

In second one I wrote a single 's' to the document and then added
spaces before it. When adding the spaces I got strange markings which
are shown on the image just before the 's'. (I havn't seen this
problem with other operating systems)

If I minimize and restore the gvim, the markings will disappear, so
this seems to be some kind of screen-update bug.

Also, I get different markings depending on the location of the
gvim-window on the screen. At some locations I don't get any such
markings.

And while I was writing this message (in Gmail in BurningDog), I
occasionaly got scrambled letters while writing.

Do you have any idea what is causing these problems and how this could be fixed?

These screenshots were taken after starting gNewSense 1.1 from CD and
first running "sudo apt-get update" and "sudo apt-get install
vim-gnome" to get gvim.

"Device" and "Monitor" sections from /etc/X11/xorg.conf are:

Section "Device"
      Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200]"
      Driver          "ati"
      BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
      Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
      Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

I can give additional information as needed.

--
Markus Laire