[gNewSense-users] Re: Sharing of information.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Sharing of information.
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 22:24:30 +0100

Keith,

We have been saying this, also.  The Package Freedom Verification (PFV) work can be found here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris.

On 05/08/07, F4l3 <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday 23 July 2007 21:31:09 Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Andrew spake thusly:
> > I've just been looking at the Gobuntu suspected non-free wiki page
> > < https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Gobuntu/pkg-non-free>
> >
> > gNewsense has exactly the same page
> > < http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/SuspectedNonFree>
>
> Slightly OT, but ... why is Ubuntu using such an old version of BIND?
> Version 9 has been around for about 7 years!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Keith G. Robertson-Turner

I'm afraid for my tree weeks down... but I was at the seaside (with a nice
girl).

I have opened the Gobuntu suspected non-free wiki page.
I haven't seen the gNewSense page (but I suspected that page exists).
In my opinion we MUST work with the gNewSense development team, because the
two project, in the end, are the same project: a fork of ubuntu that would
include only free-software. In my opinion, if we ask they, they will be happy
to help us, because if gobuntu will be ok, the dev team of gNewSense will
have less work to do.

--OT--
In my opinion the old version of BIND was given from the debian repo and
nobody have looked the version of the package.