[gNewSense-users] Main xm-xr has been checked

From: Brian Kemp
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Main xm-xr has been checked
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:47:34 -0400

I finished this one up last night, but didn't update main.

Can I ask a quick favor?

Can someone else independently verify that xorg-xserver (or
xserver-xorg, I forget, it's Friday) is free?  The copyright file is
44k!

I believe it is free (The Bitstream Vera fonts have one small
restriction about commercial use, but it is easily worked around; RMS
says that is fine.)

I bring into question the license from DEC, the license from SGI, and
the license directly below it that looks to be the same.

DEC seems to be in the same vein as New BSD, MIT, ISC, what have
you--permissive non-copyleft and seems to be okay, but I'd like
another reading for thoroughness.

The SGI licenses does as well but it has a lot more terms and sections.

I do not really see a huge chance that this package is
non-free--however it's an important one and I'd rather have someone
else verify my work here.

Thanks!
--Brian

(No PGP sig, not at home computer, and no smart card yet.)

P.S.> If anyone would like me to double-check any of their package
work, just say so.