[gNewSense-users] Weekly stats update.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Weekly stats update.
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 20:27:12 +0000

Hi, everybody.

It's that time, again. The week went something a little like this:

0. Bugs:

Bug page: http://bugs.gnewsense.org/
Bug stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

35 bugs.
+1 change from last week

We need to try to solve some of these, and not just hope that somebody
else will!

1.  Package Freedom stats:

PFV page: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain
PFV stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

We have 73 100% free package sections, which is an increase of 2
sections.  Bit of a slow week.

You've probably noticed the output from Markus' script.  This script
runs a check on the various package sections and the activity taking
place.

All of the information is drawn from information that you have put
into the summary tables.  If the script says that you haven't touched
a section for 70 days, and you were working on it yesterday, then you
probably didn't update your progress.

Much STALLED stuff here, can people please try to help these sections
out.  Some depend on freedom issues, that can be easily resolved,
probably by mailing the package maintainer.

PLEASE, PLEASE keep working on the PFV stuff, as we are really
achieving a lot.  It would be a mistake to give-up, now.

With regard to personal recognition, I had a quick look, and it looks
like Broam, Edi and Elopio are being really modest, or maybe I just
mis-counted.  Check your numbers, guys.

2.  Report on Suspected non-free table:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/SuspectedNonFree

The Suspected non-free table doesn't seem to be getting as much use as
it should be.  Please note that any packages that you are not sure
about, should be recorded here, and a bug raised.  If the bug has been
raised already, add your new findings to the bug, and x-refer your new
findings on the Suspected non-free table.  IF IT'S NOT DOCUMENTED, IT
DOESN'T GET RESOLVED! :-)

I sent out an email reminder regarding the Suspected non-free table.
This doesn't seem to be being used correctly.  If you have an item in
here, PLEASE confirm that you've reported it as a bug.  This hasn't
happened on all the entries.  PLEASE CHECK :-).  For the columns that
don't have dates of the last update, I have recorded _No
date-STALLED_.  When this area of the wiki gets scripted, it will
automatically highlight the entries that don't seem to be moving on,
and get reported weekly.

3.  As I say, it's been a slow week.  Don't be disheartened.  We did
really well the week before, so let's try to do the same, next week.

Thanks as always :-)

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/