[gNewSense-users] Hardy Heron kernel version.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Hardy Heron kernel version.
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:53:21 +0000

Hi, all.

For those that are interested, it looks like Ubuntu's LTS release
_Hardy Heron_ will ship with kernel 2.6.24.  This has implications for
PFV work.

You can find some info here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardy-kernel-version

I'm as keen as anyone to look at the kernel, but we need to get MAIN
finished first, which means between us we need to adopt another 17
sections.  if you can manage to grab another section each, we'll be
rockin'!  Some have as little as 12 packages!

Just a heads-up.

take care,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/