Re: [gNewSense-users] gNS Translation

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNS Translation
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:01:59 +1030

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 22:26 +0000, Chris Andrew wrote:
> Brian, et al,
>
> I hope I don't speak out of place.

You speak a lot, but its usualy the right moment ;)

> When I was in a similar position, I posted a message asking who was
> running PFV stuff. Nobody was (Brian etc doing the brain ache work),
> so I volunteered myself.  it was then up to me to think of the best
> way forward, drawing from my life experience and stuff I'd seen
> working well, using the Open Source model.  of course, I
> screw-up....that's life.

hey, may as well learn on the job :) after all, Free Software allows you
to (!).

> Unfortunately, because we all volunteer, people will come and go.  We
> must be thankful for whatever they bring to gNS.

Yep. we had a lot of talk happening early on about translations, but we
never got anyware (i couldnt understand pmwiki, and folks sort of got
disinterested).

> If you think you can be in charge of the Spanish side of things, then
> go for it.  If you mess up, learn from it, and get better.  You'll be
> appreciated for any efforts you make.

heck, help do the overall coordination too :)
kk