Re: [gNewSense-users] Hermetic build patch

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Hermetic build patch
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 09:57:42 +1030

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 18:23 +0000, Brian Brazil wrote:
> I've finally managed to get hermatic builds working, which makes
> Builder much nicer and also fixes bug 105.
>
> The diff is attached, does anyone have any comments before I submit
> and push it?

just a few querys:

* I notice all the chroot commands are just 'chroot blah'. i assume
you've set up the chroot to match the host users/groups wise? (similarly
with the APTGET variable - now its chrooted you can use a custom
config?)

* in what situation does DONT_CHROOT need to be set?

* the mode change at the end - wont that make the 3 information files
+x? the rest of the files are already +x.

kk