[gNewSense-users] Copyright question about net/irda/irqueue.c

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Copyright question about net/irda/irqueue.c
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:53:14 -0400

What do you think of this excerpt of a license comment for
net/irda/irqueue.c ?

 *     This copyright does however _not_ include the ELF hash() function
 *     which I currently don't know which licence or copyright it
 *     has. Please inform me if you know.

The function hash(), which I have included below, does not amount to
much, but I do *not* think it is trivial enough to escape needing a
copyright.  What do you think?

/*
 * Function hash (name)
 *
 *    This function hash the input string 'name' using the ELF hash
 *    function for strings.
 */
static __u32 hash( const char* name)
{