[gNewSense-users] Re: State of deltah

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: State of deltah
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:15:03 +0100

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Brian Brazil <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Brian Brazil <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Brian Brazil <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Brian Brazil <address@hidden> wrote:
I've just finished the main work for deltah. The only major things left are BurningDog (Karl is working on this), and waiting for the FSF to give us more disk space so Hardy/deltah can fit on our build and archive boxes.

The current status from the FSF is that it'll probably be Friday before the new hardware is in. Accordingly, it's unlikely that we'll
make the target of with 24 hours of Hardy's release. Let's tentatively say Monday, which gives us the weekend.

The FSF have give us some network disks, so we can proceed for now. I've integrated all the artwork stuff sent so far, and am currently waiting on a kernel build to complete. I'm about to attack Firefox based on Karl's work, once that's done I'll probably spin a beta CD.

Change of plan - firefox looks like it'll take way too long to get into shape. Going with epiphany instead. Looks like the kernel is past the main parts, so should have a beta livecd soonish.

The latest kernel won't build as-is due to some xen changes. I'm still trying to get this working, then we'll have a beta cd.

Brian

Assuming we've got those before Hardy is released, I'll drop support for deltad and spin a 1.9 LiveCD as a release candidate.

The following things are not done to the level they could be:
1 Usplash
2 Gdm login screen
3 Gnome background
4 Gnome icon themes

For 3 I can hack daleduro's artwork into place, but the rest aren't so easy. If someone can produce gNS versions of human-icon-theme, ubuntu-wallpapers, usplash-theme-ubuntu and ubuntu-gdm-themes in the form of a debian source package (i.e. tarball) I can add them in. Please focus on ubuntu-gdm-themes first, as daleduro has already produced some artwork for this that we can't get in easily otherwise.

I've done nothing for KDE, and it looks like there will be no supported upgrade path from deltad.

For KVF, please file a bug for anything you find that isn't removed by
http://www.blagblagblag.org/pub/BLAG/linux/kernel/v2.6/deblob/deblob-2.6.24.4.1

Brian