Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV: status of drivers section

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV: status of drivers section
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 06:19:41 -0400

OK, I took the liberty of editing all of the pages affected by the
kfv.el bug:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Image
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-linux-2-6-24-12-22--drivers
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-linux-2-6-24-12-22--drivers--net
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-linux-2-6-24-12-22--drivers--net--wan
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-linux-2-6-24-12-22--drivers--net--wan--lmc

So it looks like drivers is 100% done, while fs still needs finishing.

BTW, a tip for anyone working on KFV regardless if you are using
kfv.el, TableFormat.sh, or whatever, is to mark all sources as
read-only, e.g.,

chmod -R ugo-wx /usr/src/linux-2.6.24_12.22/

While I have not yet thoroughly investigated the kfv.el bug, I do feel
marking my own sources as read-only probably reduced the chances of me
being bit by the bug.