Re: [gNewSense-users] Debian installer for gnewsense availabe?

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Debian installer for gnewsense availabe?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:28:12 +0930

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 21:41 -0400, Teddy Smith wrote:

> |  No, there is no D-I based cds - I'm not at that stage in my 'gNS TODO'.
> |  kk
> |
> Any pointers on what would be needed to get it working? I'm a user with

You'll need a bzr checkout of ubuntu-cd, an iron will, bash foo, a
desire to make notes and document what you do (i may have some i can
give you).
The ubuntu-cd tools allow generating live/d-i cds, for different
'flavours', and a few other nifty things, so in my mind it would give us
d-i, and remove our existing cd generation.

> the same basic goal as the OP (I just use carefully monitored Gentoo and
> Ubuntu for my encryption needs, but that leaves me exposed to an unfree
> kernel), and I'd love to see this in gNewSense. I know people that
> advocate Gnu for security reasons, and just about have to hand out
> Ubuntu CD's (strongly recommending using the "Free Software Only"
> installation option) in order to advocate easy FDE.

As always, i'm happy to help someone else work on it, i just want to
prioritise something different for my time ;)
kk

--
Karl Goetz <address@hidden>