Re: [gNewSense-users] (nonfree) blobwars family of games

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] (nonfree) blobwars family of games
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 04:14:28 +0100

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I know some of you will have already seen this, but it seemed relevent
enough to post here. Sorry if its already come through, I didnt notice
it.

Could you file a bug to track it please?

Brian

> It is with much regret that I have to ask you to remove the following
> packages from your repositories,
>
> blobwars (Blob Wars : Metal Blob Solid)
> starfighter (Project: Starfighter)
> blobAndConquer (Blob Wars : Blob And Conquer)
> viruskiller (Virus Killer)
>
> It has been brought to my attention ... [the games] ... should all be removed
> immediately to avoid any legal issues.

From
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-August/004432.html ,
but i can dig out all the other references if you'd like them too.
kk

(CCing gNS as we only dealt with blobwars).

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
Debian user / gNewSense contributor