Re: [gNewSense-users] FUSBi - Free USB Installer

From: Koh Choon Lin
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] FUSBi - Free USB Installer
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:44:03 +0800

Dear Ali Gunduz

> I have modified the UNetbootin usb image creator and started my new
> pet project called FUSBi (Free USB Installer). It is a GUI tool that
> automatically downloads iso files and installs bootable usb images
> from them. It has both GNU/Linux and Windows builds. It supports only
> gNewSense 2.1 for now.

Nice software. I have never try installing gNS onto a thumb drive
before and I might be doing it soon though. I would like to ask; Is
your software a necessary too to do so, or is there another method,
albeit more complex, to perform this genre of installation?

I can slightly recall Ubuntu has the ability to install straight into
a thumb drive during a normal installation.

--
In Liberty
Koh Choon Lin