[gNewSense-users] Re: builder-ng

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: builder-ng
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:30:03 -0500

Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:14:01 -0500
> Danny Clark <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> address@hidden wrote:
>>> Our team members will try to find out if the existing Builder tool,
>>> used for the creation of a new GNU/Linux distribution based on
>>> Ubuntu may be reused & adapted for our project. One team member has
>>> some experience with Builder. Another team member has already
>>> ported Gentoo on the Lemote hardware and his experience will
>>> certainly be useful.
>> It might be useful to start a "builder next gen" discussion thread as
>> well - the current builder while very useful and appreciated is not
>> the easiest thing in the world to work with.
>
> Or scaleable.

Yeah, distcc/ccontrol support would be really sweet.

One of my less brilliant moments was realizing why distcc wasn't working
with builder - builder does the linux building in a chroot environment,
but "ps auxw" doesn't indicate that. I think there are some holes in the
walls of the FSF offices from my head banging against them from that one...

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny