[gNewSense-users] Re: Where's laptop advice? I started a wiki page...

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Where's laptop advice? I started a wiki page...
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:00:27 +0200

Ciaran O'Riordan writes:

> I want to buy a laptop.  I searched the website, wiki, and forum, but didn't
> find any page which lists recommended laptops.  This is pretty important
> info, right?  So I started one:
>
> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/RecommendedLaptops
>
> The laptops that I've seen people claim are fully supported are:
>
> * Asus 701
> * Asus 900
> * Yeeloong
>
> If anyone knows of others, I'd be very happy to know about them in the
> coming hours/days, and they should be added to the wiki page.

To avoid people spending time testing laptops known to not work, perhaps
we could add a list of known-not-fully-working machines?

To start such a list, I have tested gNewSense 2.2 on a Dell Mini 10v.
Wireless and sound weren't working by default, otherwise everything
appeared to work.

I created this page:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/NonRecommendedLaptops

/Simon