Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Where's laptop advice? I started a wiki page..

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Where's laptop advice? I started a wiki page...
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 01:39:33 +0100

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
> Ciaran O'Riordan <address@hidden>
>> Right Thing?
>
> Yes!

Done: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/LaptopGuide

I've done my best to make it clear that anything less than perfection is a
problem.  Comments welcome, additions sought (I've already exhausted my
relevant technical knowledge).

> Perhaps even make it non-laptop/netbook specific as well so it is
> possible to mention commercially available servers known to work with
> gNewSense as well.

Or servers could go on another page.  People looking to buy a server won't
be interested in Laptop information, and vice versa, so it would be more
clutter for no gain.  That, and the important issues are pretty different
between laptop/netbook (wifi, battery), and servers (ah.. ..I don't know
what's important for servers, but it's not wifi or battery :-) ).

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan, +32 487 64 17 54, http://ciaran.compsoc.com

Please help build the software patents wiki: http://en.swpat.org

               http://www.EndSoftwarePatents.org