Re: [gNewSense-users] firmware development Fwd: convocatoria (pagada) a

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] firmware development Fwd: convocatoria (pagada) a desarrollo
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 08:14:40 -0500

2008/12/13 Karl Goetz <address@hidden>
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 22:45:45 -0200
"Fabian Ezequiel Gallina" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/12/10  <address@hidden>:
> > Estimados colegas.

I'm sure all this is fascinating, but isn't there an -es or
-whateveryouweretalking list?
kk

Im sorry Karl. Here's the translation.

**************
Dear coleagues.

As you might know, I use only libre software. If I would use semi-libre software I wouldn't have noticed the following. The wireless network card of most widespread use in Quito, Ecuador, South America is

DLink DWL g 520 - RT61 Wireless LAN PCI Card

It can be installed with kernel linux but its firmware is non-libre. I need that firmware to be developed as soon as possible and would like those whom feel capable of doing it (reverse engineering) post their quote for development. We consider paying different people (if that is possible) for different parts of the work.

I would also ask to those whom would like to chip in for the payment of the development put some money in, express so and with how much money you would like to contribute for the payment of such development. If nobody destinates a budget, I will asume on my own the cost entirely but I asume that a small contribution starting from $1 will be possible for many people.

That was the message I had sent a long while ago and I still need the libre firmware for this chipset (RT61). In Ecuador reverse engineering is legal and patents do not apply to software so we are safe on that side. Please excuse my translation.
--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez