[gNewSense-users] about gnewsense releases

From: Niels Egberts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] about gnewsense releases
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:01:43 +0200

Hello people of gnewsense :-).

I'm a happy user of Ubuntu at the moment and I would like to try out
if I can live with free software only. But my laptop has a serious
problem with Ubuntu Hardy. When selecting and dragging stuff around in
nautilus (especially on the Desktop) let's the whole thing freeze. It
has to do with the touchpad on on my D830. This was a known issue for
Hardy and has been fixed in a later version of Gnome (and thus later
Ubuntu versions).

So my question is, does gnewsense only create a 'whole' new version
when Ubuntu does a LTS release (that should be 10.04) or will
gnewsense try to release every 6 months like Ubuntu? And is this a
fundamental stance, or is the gnewsense community not large enough to
support a release every 6 months?

Greetings,
Niels.