Re: [gNewSense-users] Playing Youtube videos from Totem .

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Playing Youtube videos from Totem .
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 14:38:56 -0800

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Dmitry Samoyloff <address@hidden> wrote:

> Anyway, I think it's better to use free Gnash in a free OS to watch patent-
> encumbered video file (especially outside USA and Japan), than to watch OGG
> video using a strictly proprietary iPhone/iPod, defective by nature ;-)

There are plenty of reasons to avoid the iPhone for sure, but as long
as it's out there and people are using it giving them the ability to
play these formats can only help the cause.

On a desktop, though, why not use tinyvid.tv as Frederique W.
Piccart suggested? They'll end up being the same videos, but in a
format that isn't patent-encumbered.