Re: Fwd: Fwd: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not

From: Victor Cortiano
Subject: Re: Fwd: Fwd: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not requiring free cultural works with software?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:04:56 -0200

> Fortunately for us, copyright is actually our friend.

Yeah, I know. I'm familiar with the GPL, and I like it.

But if you think deeper, you'll see that copyright gives too
much power to the artist/programmer/etc. (I'm talking about
"All rights reserved" kind of stuff)

In a better world we would not need copyright to protect software
users' freedom. But until that, I totally support the GPL.

But in art I don't see how copyright would help us in the moment.
I'm no expert,but as far as I know you don't need an image's "source
code" to change it :)